Champions of the Sun
- Poppy was a Realm Courtesean, purchased by the wealthy and elite, her fair looks and charismatic way made her one of the most sought after companions, even Dragon Blood bid on her time…some even asking for her to carry their heirs despite her lack of exaltation or breeding
- Her skillful way with words caught the attention of several Dragon Blood generals and house lords…and she was employed to carry out information gathering and spy missions, receiving ample compensation for her work. She was dubbed by those that hired her as the “Poisonous Poppy”, and generated much respect from them as even they feared one day she’d turn her charm on them.
- Poppy enjoyed her life in the Realm, but was often lonely. Having to pretend to be someone else, always catering to others grew a bit tiresome. So she was excited about a mission that would take her West, out of the Realm. A new adventure in another part of Creation was just what she needed to be energized. She was given the mission to infiltrate a Western sytrappy and investigate them for disloyalty to the Realm. The sytrappy was suspect of criminal activity by the house’s Lord and Poppy was to find damning evidence and return with it to the Realm.
- But her convoy to the West was intercepted…someone must have known she was coming. They were attacked, her guards slaughtered and Poppy herself barely escaped the assassins. She played the innocent courtesean, confused and scared, and caught the eye of the assassin leader. He took her in and after they slept with each other in his tent, Poppy slit his throat and tried to escape….but the other assassins hadn’t trusted her and caught her; but despite the evidence she talked them down with her soothing voice and soft words…and they were about to let her go when she Exalted. The night lit up like day and when the assassins realized she was Anathema they fled leaving her with only the satin robe covering her body.
- Knowing she could never go back to the Realm now, and currently barefoot, she walked to the closest city, Onyx, hoping to find some assistance. Perhaps a powerful Lord she could play mistress to until she had hidden away enough funds to flee. And she did find a powerful Lord …. or rather he found her.
- The Walker in Darkness snatched her up and Poppy spent the next several years of torture and unimaginable pain becoming The Crimson Martyr’s Serenade